The prayer of examen is a useful daily practice to help us grow in our own awareness of the things that act as obstacles to the growing sense of the interior presence of God. Below are the steps to this prayer and for a deeper reflection click link below. https://wordpress.com/post/reverendjayne.com/550.
- Become aware of the love of God which looks upon me as you begin this prayer
- Remember all the blessings of this day and thank God for all the good things that have happened and the gifts received (take time to relive these moments as if they were happening again)
- Ask God for the grace to see whatever he wants you to see
- Review the day with God and ask him to show you when you perceived you were moving towards and when you were moving away from His love
- Call to mind, in the presence of the Father who loves me unconditionally, something for which you are sorry…and then experience His mercy
- Looking forward to what practical or concrete resolution can you carry forward to tomorrow